Wednesday, April 8, 2009

And another idea with communication



I have provided here a picture of all of the cell phones I have used throughout my college career to keep in touch with my friends and my family. In case you are curious, the one in the front with the ridiculous charms on it is the one that I used while I was abroad in Japan last year. (it actually used to have more charms on it).

In this day and age, a cell phone is necessary to keep in touch with the people in your life. I am constantly texting my friends to find out when they are going to lunch so I can eat with them. I text Tristan while he's at work. I call my mother to tell her about my concerts so that she can come to them. If I didn't have a cell phone, my social life would be significantly lacking, and since I do not have the internet at home, I would have no way to contact my family.

This is the same idea that technology can both bring you together while maintaining a distance. I can stay close to my friend without having to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment