
This photo is a picture of my Meistersingers folder with some of the music spread out around it. I purposefully spread the music out so that you could see that it was music. Meistersingers is a choral group here on campus that can be taken as a one credit class and meets for half an hour 4 times a week. We put on concerts and partake in the larger concerts that occur on campus. Again as stated before in accordance to Edwards, if I had not explained what this was, it is doubtful that the onlooker would recognize the significance of it, let alone what it actually is at all.
I sing in Meistersingers not because I have a beautiful voice, I rather dislike the way it sounds. I do not sing because I have a passion for doing so. Actually I have stage freight. I sing because I can not do the thing I am truly passionate about: playing the cello.
What can be inferred here is that I allow myself to be apart from the things that I care for, that I deny what I enjoy. Allowing myself to settle for second best, shows how insecure I am, and how unhappy with my life I truly am.

No comments:
Post a Comment